[PD] problems and crashes - "warning: settings multiply defined" (on new hardware and OS - Debian 8 64-bit)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Sep 21 13:58:00 CEST 2017

OK,

one thing I found out now.
As opposed to the old pd-extended the vanilla 0.46.2 that came with Jessie
seems to see tables that were opened from a different patch in a separate
process.

After renaming the "settings" table in the second main patch that runs Gem
(while the other one runs the audio part) the error messages disappeared.
Does that mean that patches that were opened in a separate process are being
seen as one big patch? And all tables are available from anywhere?

That would require some major changes in the patch(es) ...

Ingo