[PD] Pd works in macOS High Sierra (10.13) (was: "Damaged Error" With 0.48 Test 2 Compiled For Mac)

Kevin Haywood khaywood at ucsd.edu
Tue Sep 26 07:02:07 CEST 2017

Since this is a new thread and all, I’m curious to broaden the definition of “works.”  The biggest change that I’m aware of (and I’m only marginally aware of these things) is the switch to a new file system for most (but not all) Macs.  Does your install use the new APFS file system, and have you by chance also tested audio file reads/writes with Pd?

I’m only curious since audio developers Propellerheads put out a sort of horror story warning that using 10.13 with older versions of their software could potentially corrupt user files made with their software:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/news/propellerhead-products-and-macos-high-sierra/

Cheers,
Kevin