[PD] Force cyclone/gate instead of iemlib1/gate

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 4 10:19:05 CET 2017

On 2017-12-04 10:05, abel.jerome at free.fr wrote:
> Beyond the topic, I wonder also how to know if a library needs "-lib" option, and for which operating system. For iemlib, on Xubuntu the "-path" option is enough, on Windows, I need to add "-lib". Hard to follow if it is not the same option between platforms.

it's unrelated to the platform. the important part is, how a library is
linked (whether as a single binary with multiple objects, or as a
directory with one binary per object).
PdX tried to solve this by pushing a single solution down the throat of
each developer who had a library shipped with PdX.
some devs didn't like that and stayed with a solution that fit their
needs better.
leading to confused users who - depending on where they got the library
from - would need different options to use the library.

the only rule of thumb is to inspect the library folder, and if you see
many (or no) {dll|pd_darwin|pd_linux}s files you should use "-path", and
if there are only a very few (usually one(1)) with the name of the
library, then you should use "-lib".

fgamsdr
IOhannes