[PD] BUG on midifixes - (was: midifixes testing)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon Dec 4 19:39:46 CET 2017

145 is the complete status byte for MIDI channel 2 note on.

144 should be subtracted but even then it still comes out to channel 2
according to the MIDI specs and not 1.
Unfortunately the way Pd handles MIDI channels.

The problem is that Pd counts from 1-16 instead of 0-15. Maybe that's why it
is off by 1. Using 145 instead of 144 for channel 1.

Counting from 1-16 like Pd does it is very annoying as one has to first
subtract 1 then do [mod 16] and add 1 again for higher input counts.
Otherwise you cannot assign all channels from the second MIDI In up to the
first 16  MIDI channels.
(I guess it's too late to change that in Pd without breaking everything ...)

Ingo

Subject: [PD] BUG on midifixes - (was: midifixes testing)

But wait, there's a bug:

when creating [notein] I play on my midichannel 1 and I get “145” on
[notein] third outlet. 145 can't be a midichannel.
Also when using [notein 1] I don't receive anything.

This is not happening on 0.48.0

ATM I cant test if this is also happening with [ctlin]