[PD] Gem: bogus pointer?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 6 10:05:34 CET 2017

On 2017-11-30 12:37, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am sometimes getting this error message with Gem in Pd:
> "GEM: Someone sent a bogus pointer to copy2Image"
> and I would love to know what it means, if it has an effect I should
> care about, and why it is reported as error.

please post an example patch that triggesr the problem on
https://bugs.gem.iem.at/

to answer your question: this is usually harmless (Gem takes care that
nothing bad happens). however it indicates that something needs to be
fixed in the code, so that the assertion doesn't even get triggered.

fgmasdr
IOhannes