[PD] Fw: Re: [PD-announce] Pd 0.48-1 test version released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:57:20 CET 2017

> Now when I think of it, when I switched from Pd-extended to Pd vanilla a
> couple of years ago I was first annoyed by the bigger font size. So it's
> really just a matter of getting used to it. Just one question: on Windows
> (and also Linux?) the font weight defaults to bold (as opposed to Pd
> extended). Is this on purpose and is this the same on MacOS?

It is not the same at all on macOS! And this has also been a matter of
dicussion here on the list. That is if we should get them all consistently
the same. But before we deal with that, it was necessary to do this part of
the process anyway. So after this we can make a decision on that.

I'm arguing we should have them all with normal weight instead of bold by
default. Because it'd be consistent also with Pd Extended and Purr Data. I
find bold specially hard on the eyes when checking documentation and help
files. I remember there were different points of view, as always, but not
that much or strong rejection to making it normal weight. But anyway, this
should be a new discussion with as much people involved as possible for the
next release.

cheers

 wouldn't t is not on purpose, I'd say this happened