[PD] Gem: can't load library

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 23:06:22 CET 2017

Dear list,

I'm running Pd 0.48.0 on Windows 10 Pro (v1709, OS 16299.98), and I can't
get Gem to load. I've spend most of the day on this. I've verified that
zexy and cyclone load.

I'm using deken to download Gem 0.93.3 to ~/AppData/Roaming/Pd/.
I've also tried manual installing Gem.
I've tried it in the Pd/extras folder, too, and I've tried it in
~/Documents/Pd/externals/.

I've let deken add paths for these directories automatically and I've tried
to create my own paths.

I've attempted to load Gem with [declare -lib Gem], [declare -stdlib Gem],
and combinations that included file paths.

I'm stumped. Has anyone else run into problems with loading Gem in Pd
recently?

The pd-vanilla page and installer don't say whether it is 32- or 64-bit,
but I'm assuming Pd-vanilla on Windows is still 32-bit so that shouldn't be
a problem. Right?

Thanks if you know something that can help me.

Sam