[PD] How to get off verbose mode?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:00:55 CET 2017

IMO the startup flags like this should *not* be saved or be added to the existing settings when saving. They should only act as overrides to the settings. This is true for a number of flags such as -path for which I have a fix on Github: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/153

> On Dec 27, 2017, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Antoine Rousseau <antoine at metalu.net <mailto:antoine at metalu.net>>
> To: Alexandros <adrcki at gmail.com <mailto:adrcki at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>>, Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] How to get off verbose mode?
>

>> Setting the -verbose flag adds it to the startup flags and if you *save*
>> the settings the flag is saved as well
>

> In fact, on Linux at least, you don't even need to *save* the settings:
> clicking "Apply" or "OK" buttons of Path and Startup dialogs "auto"-saves
> (all) the settings.
>
> to pd-devs:
> if this is intended, maybe:
> - Audio and Midi could do as well, instead of their current "Save all
> settings" buttons
> - "Preferences/Save all Preferences" menu entry could be removed.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>