[PD] [solved] glitches when streaming UDP

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 00:08:33 CET 2018

On Die, 2018-01-30 at 23:31 +0100, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> I agree. I recorded 8 channel multitrack from Pd to Ardour using a
> single core Thinkpad back in the day with no drop outs.
>
> You could try running Pd with a different nice level. Even though it
> has "realtime priority" it sometimes helps to cue the scheduler a
> little more directly.

'pd -rt -jack' runs with a nice level of 0, so does jackd and ardour. I
tried giving it higher priority up (or should I say: down?) to -10, but
it didn't change the situation. Also, it seems  to me that it's not a
problem of priorities between several processes. The fact that burning
CPU cycles with _another_ process helps makes me think the problem
rather is that resources are not made ready quickly enough.

Roman