[PD] droidparty's [touch] on 0.48-1 and "grid" like object in vanilla

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Mar 2 17:50:16 CET 2018

> the third argument (the one that represents the "graph on parent" and
> "hide object names and arguments" checkboxes) has changed its counting
> method.

this argument actually is a bitfield where the first bit is "graph on parent" and the second bit is "hide object name".
the people who first experimented with dynamic patching exploited a bug (maybe unintentionally) in the [donecanvasdialog( message handling where 2 would be treated the same as 3. since then, most people just copied it. the correct value has always been 3 (= both bits set). Miller thought about adding a compatibily argument but apparently decided against it: https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2017-07/119724.html

I agree with oliver that we should spread the word about this bugfix since it affects quite a number of patches. I'll post it to facebook group.