[PD] readsf re-blocked up-sampled

Marco Matteo Markidis mm.markidis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:53:48 CET 2018

I expect that using [readsf~] in a re-blocked and up-sampled patch is
usefull to have the same played back file but trying to avoid glitches.

> On 03/04/2018 06:39 PM, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> > Dear Miller,
> >
> > thank you for your patch. Anyway, until here I have been arrived. The
> point
> > is that if you connect this [readsf~] to a [dac~] in the parent window it
> > sounds 64-times higher and shorter. There is something that I am missing?
>
> what do you expect?
> none of Pd's soundfile reading/writing objects do any resampling.
>
> so if you play back a 22.05kHz soundfile in a patch running on 44.1kHz
> it will be played back at double speed (with double pitch and halt the
> duration).
>
> gfmadsr
> IOhannes

Ho cambiato l'indirizzo email in mm.markidis at autistici.org . Se non è un
problema, scrivimi a questo nuovo indirizzo email.

I changed my email address in mm.markidis at autistici.org . If it is ok for
you, please write me to this new email address.