[PD] readsf re-blocked up-sampled

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:18:24 CET 2018

If you are having glitches when reading a soundfile you should check what you are doing in your patch. [readsf~] is most likely to *not have* the blame for causing glitches.

On 3/4/2018 5:53 PM, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
I expect that using [readsf~] in a re-blocked and up-sampled patch is usefull to have the same played back file but trying to avoid glitches.

On 03/04/2018 06:39 PM, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> Dear Miller,
>
> thank you for your patch. Anyway, until here I have been arrived. The point
> is that if you connect this [readsf~] to a [dac~] in the parent window it
> sounds 64-times higher and shorter. There is something that I am missing?

what do you expect?
none of Pd's soundfile reading/writing objects do any resampling.

so if you play back a 22.05kHz soundfile in a patch running on 44.1kHz
it will be played back at double speed (with double pitch and halt the
duration).

gfmadsr
IOhannes

Ho cambiato l'indirizzo email in mm.markidis at autistici.org<mailto:mm.markidis at autistici.org> . Se non è un problema, scrivimi a questo nuovo indirizzo email.