[PD] readsf re-blocked up-sampled

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 4 22:19:53 CET 2018

On 03/04/2018 09:53 PM, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> I expect that using [readsf~] in a re-blocked and up-sampled patch is
> usefull to have the same played back file but trying to avoid glitches.

sorry, i'm having trouble parsing that sentence.

anyhow, the sound you get *is* useful and the patch does what it
announces (that is: it has a subpatch with a different samplerate and
re-blocking).

if you want your soundfile to be played back at normal speed without
overlapping, then you play it in a non-reblocked and non-resampled canvas.
if you need to do something to that sound in a re-blocked and/or
re-sampled context, then you must send the audio-signal through
[inlet~]/[outlet~] which will do the re-sampling and re-blocking for you.

mgfdsar
IOhannes