[PD] readsf re-blocked up-sampled

Marco Matteo Markidis mm.markidis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:01:16 CET 2018

In my head the point is: is it usefull to use a [readsf~] in a up-sampled
subpatch to avoid audio dropout? My idea was to up-sampling and re-blocking
a subpatch with [readsf~] and pass signal using [outlet~] to the main
canvas. In this way [readsf~] has a larger blocksize read and it is called
more often than the main canvas.

Best,
Marco

Ps. I think that the right word is audio dropout/audio interruption and not
glitch. Sorry about that.

> On 03/04/2018 09:53 PM, Marco Matteo Markidis wrote:
> > I expect that using [readsf~] in a re-blocked and up-sampled patch is
> > usefull to have the same played back file but trying to avoid glitches.
>

> sorry, i'm having trouble parsing that sentence.
>
> anyhow, the sound you get *is* useful and the patch does what it
> announces (that is: it has a subpatch with a different samplerate and
> re-blocking).
>
> if you want your soundfile to be played back at normal speed without
> overlapping, then you play it in a non-reblocked and non-resampled canvas.
> if you need to do something to that sound in a re-blocked and/or
> re-sampled context, then you must send the audio-signal through
> [inlet~]/[outlet~] which will do the re-sampling and re-blocking for you.
>
> mgfdsar
> IOhannes

Ho cambiato l'indirizzo email in mm.markidis at autistici.org . Se non è un
problema, scrivimi a questo nuovo indirizzo email.

I changed my email address in mm.markidis at autistici.org . If it is ok for
you, please write me to this new email address.