[PD] [gemframebuffer] and [pix-film] ... weirdness

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Mar 6 00:44:38 CET 2018

Le 04/03/2018 à 19:47, oliver a écrit :
> Jack wrote:
>> Hello Oliver,
>>
>> I reduce the patch to expose the problem.
>> The different solutions are inside.
>> Hope it helps...
>
> it does !
>
> thanks a lot for your explanation,
> your method also works with the chained shaders !
>
> even though my ambition was to use one gemhead for everything, i see
> that your preferred solution with a second gemhead is much better and
> also looks more logical to me.
>

> one last question:
>
> wouldn't the [pix_buf] method be more cpu intensive ?
>
> because it says in the help file:
>
> "[pix_buf] is only effective if it is storing a static image. If you are
> continually modifying the buffered pix, then pix_buf is going to be
> spending a lot of time copying pixels."

If i am right, here there is no [pix_image]/[pix_video]/[pix_film]
before [pix_separator] so there is no risk to buffered pix.
The aim of [pix_separator] in your case is to "isolate" [pix_film] to
the rest of the gemchain like [separator] does about transformations
(that's why I prefer to use two gemchain in your case).
++

Jack