[PD] sysex messages

mario buoninfante mario.buoninfante at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 01:04:00 CET 2018

Hi,

I ran few more tests on Linux trying to understand what's going on with
[midiout] and sysex messages.

I discovered that it's not just about sysex. I'm monitoring MIDI from Pd
with /KMidimon /and /GMIDImonitor/, and I noticed that also sending Note
On messages with [midiout] seems to be in some way different then
sending the same message using [noteout].

when Note On is sent using [midiout], this will spit single bytes that
are recognized as single byte sysex messages by the MIDI monitors!!!!!

has anyone ever experienced the same?

cheers,

Mario