[PD] reporting the dimensions of a symbol / float atom

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 18:21:01 CET 2018

Yes, that's why I suggested looking in there. The relevant variables are:

* font_metrics
* font_zoom2_metrics
* font_measured
* font_zoom2_measured

The first two are an array of pixel sizes per character used when trying to find the font size that fits. This is done in the fit_font_into_metrics proc.

The second two arrays contain the measured sizes: fontsizes charwidth charheight

Note that there is also code in the C core which accesses these sizes and you may get a consistency check error when changing some of the metric numbers.

> On Mar 23, 2018, at 7:10 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 06:09:57 +0000
> From: Liam Goodacre <liamg_uw at hotmail.com <mailto:liamg_uw at hotmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] reporting the dimensions of a symbol / float atom

>> If anyone wants to suggest fixes too he font sizing algorithm, start by
>> looking into the metrics and related font procedures in pd-gui.tcl.
>
> Is pd-gui.tcl where we would find the right variable to call if we were trying to report the dimensions of an atom?

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>