[PD] Tcl 8.4 /8.5 on mac-ppc

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 15 10:39:04 CEST 2018

On 2018-05-14 21:34, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:

> -should it then be necessary/possible to compile Pd with this Tcl 8.5

the good thing is, you don't need to compile Pd with Tcl/Tk *at all*.
Wish (the Tcl/Tk interpreter), is a standalone program that is started
by Pd and interprets Pd's tcl/tk commands.
you should be able to replace the embedded Wish implementation by a
newer version.

> -how to get Tcl 8.5 for a mac-ppc

i have no clue.
not even, whether there are binaries available at all.

btw, you could also consider installing Debian on your ppc to get newer
software.

> (other then the kiosk-plugin, everything works with my patches on
> mac-ppc as well as Windows 10).
i don't remember the details, but maybe kiosk-plugin doesn't *really*
require tcl/tk 8.5 (and just assumes it does).
you could try removing the version from kiosk-plugin.tcl:9 (so it only
reads `package require Tcl`), and see whether it bites back.

fgamsdr
IOhannes