[PD] Data structures - delete specific scalar?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:56:01 CEST 2018

On Sat, 2018-05-19 at 00:02 +0200, Ingo Stock wrote:
> to my knowledge it is not possible to delete a single scalar.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm also wondering whether this will
always be like this or if it would be a trivial feature to add.

> The method
> to get rid of a scalar is to clear the subpatch and recreate
> everything.

Yeah. It's not very elegant and gets expensive pretty quickly. I was
wondering about alternative strategies, like moving non-used scalars
out-of-the-way and later re-use them. It's cumbersome to implement, but
probably less drastic than the clear-all-and-rebuild method. My goal is
to build GUIs with ds that are fully functional without requiring
switching into edit mode. I'd be interested in hearing about similar
success (or failure) stories.

Roman