[PD] [PD-announce] Camomile v1.0.6 - LV2 support, PdStalFx, Audio Buses, etc.

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:00:40 CEST 2018

> I just realized this is also another feature I had requested that must
> really facilitate things. You had a video tutorial on how to generate
> plugins before, I think this is also a nice feature to dedicate another
> video showing how easier it is now ;)

Yes, this video should be easy to do.

 Oh, and, by the way, I'm more than willing to support this project by
> adding support to my externals - you wouldn't need to worry on maintaining
> that.

> But I needed to know what I had to do...

Thanks, it's really appreciated! There is a thread on the pd forum where I
speak about it (
https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/11242/camomile-v1-0-1-an-audio-plugin-with-pure-data-embedded/13).
One idea could be to create a parallel distribution, some kind of
Camomile-extended, but I'm not sure that's the good approach (in fact, I'm
pretty sure it's not). I would prefer to have the dynamic libraries
alongside the patches and, if necessary, to let libraries devs to manage
the multiinstance/multithread support (most of the time it's not hard to
do) and offering a special version of their libraries. Anyway, for the
first approach I can make an example with the freeverb external and let
people do the same with their libraries if they want to have their own
Camomile distribution. And if you want to have a first look, the first step
would be to compile Camomile, it's pretty easy and straightforward (on Mac
there is one solution that compile everything and on Linux one makefile),
see the readme:
https://github.com/pierreguillot/Camomile/blob/master/README.md#compilation.

Cheers