[PD] Slider/Knob

oliver oliver at klingt.org
Sun Sep 9 14:01:01 CEST 2018

Clemens wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> thank you for the knob-patch, it looks very nice, but for me it´s a bit
> to complicated.
>
> It worked in your ol_knob-help patch very well, but when I copy it and
> pasted it in a new patch,
>
> I get a couldn't create message

that's because the abstraction (as well as the "gifs" folder) must be in
one of your search paths (you define them in the preferences)

> And I don`t know how to create the knob as like as H-slider.

as long as "ol_knob.pd" is in your search path, you just create an
object box and write "ol_knob". this creates a default version. you can
then set it's parameters just like any PD-native GUI with
right-click/properties (thanks to IEMGUTS, my swiss army knife for PD
hackings)

> Anyway, don`t care
>
> the mknob works for me easily and nice!

great ! as i said, [ol_knob] is just a personal user-interface, that i
hacked for my own goals. and yes, it's bit of an overload for such a
simple task. mainly i wanted to check the possibilities of working with
dynamically loaded gif images.

best

oliver