[PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:03:48 CEST 2018

A useful note with the new [declare] -path and -lib updates: if you prepend the local paths with explicit ./ or ../, then the searching will stop after looking relative to the patch. This way you can avoid loading system wide or user search path libs first. Of course, you can't override already loaded libs of the same name but it's meant to make sure self contained projects can avoid being polluted by other copies of the same lib.

> On Sep 24, 2018, at 12:58 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:33:15 +0200
> From: Kaj Ailomaa <ailomaa at warpmail.net <mailto:ailomaa at warpmail.net>>
> To: pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries
>
> When I work on something bigger, I put my externals in the same dir with my patches . Some of the externals may be originally installed from a Debian repo,  some from Deken, some compiled.  I find the externals that I need and that work. Then, I just copy the externals to my patch dir to keep things in order. This way I know exactly what I have and I can redistribute the files between computers.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>