[PD] sending a message to a parent only with vanilla (was " naming a parent patch: is this external useful?")

Henri Augusto Bisognini msndohenri at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 01:56:09 CET 2018

Since you've touched the of sending |map 0, map 1( from an abstraction to it's parent¹ allow me to ask this in the dev list:

The only way i know only with vanilla objects is to use a [namecanvas] on the parent and pass it's name as an argument or through an inlet. Do you (or anyone reading this) happen to know a more elegant way? Perhaps something new recently introduced under the hoods in the latest PD releases, idk

Cheers,
Henri.

¹  https://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/9454/full-support-for-gop-dynamic-patching   (putting it here since it wasn't present in the replies below)