[PD] netsend _ operation timed out (60)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 10 13:13:49 CET 2018

On 10.12.18 13:05, michael strohmann wrote:
> HI!
>
> in pd-0.46 - if i try via netsend / tcp to connect to an IP/port that currently does not exist, pd freezes for 76 seconds. (at least in my case)
> i get:
> connecting to port 5300
> connecting stream socket: Operation timed out (60)
>
> would there be a way to keep pd working while it is looking for the tcp connection?

see
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/378

fgamsdr
IOhannes

PS: also, please do not hijack threads. instead start a new one, if you
want to discuss something new. a trick i usually employ to faciliate
this, is to click on the e-mail address at the very end of any of the
mails received from the pd-list: this will open a mail-program with the
correct "To" address already filled in.