[PD] Deken - question / feature request

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 10 13:21:48 CET 2018

On 09.12.18 14:17, João Pais wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I need to distribute a patch, which has to be programmed in Pd Vanilla
> but with some external libraries. Since the patch will be downloaded by
> unexperienced persons, it would be good that the externals would be
> automatically installed by deken. I was looking for a script feature in
> deken that would allow that, but didn't find any. Is there a way of
> doing it, or would it be complex to add to deken's features?

the "deken" cmdline utility has such a feature:
$ deken install -r requirementsfile.txt

however, most people will not have the deken-cmdline utility readily
available, so you may find it it of limited use.

apart from, that there's the deken repository where you can file feature
requests, and look for/comment on older ones such as [84].

i don't think it is too complicated to add such a feature to the
deken-plugin (in principle), but it has to be well thought-thru (as the
comment by peter has shown).

fgadsmr
IOhannes

[84] https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/84