[PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file descriptor error (meaning?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 12:05:16 CET 2019

On Fri, 2019-02-08 at 16:09 -0200, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Anyway, this means the only way for me to deal with this is to close
> the directory EVERY time right after I open it. But it's not ideal
> for the design of this object, where I wanted it to leave the
> directory open so we could keep querying for files without the need
> to reopen it every time.

I don't understand what your concerned about. If you worry about
efficiency, I believe it does not matter. The data is most likely in
the filesystem cache anyway. If you worry about the exposed interface
of the object, Dan already pointed out how you could keep the design
while closing the file handle internally.

Roman