[PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file descriptor error (meaning?)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:36:49 CET 2019

I've found that it's often best to make something *work* as simply as possible before complicating it to run *better* aka...

Premature optimization is the root of all evil <http://wiki.c2.com/?PrematureOptimization> -- DonaldKnuth

Finding the right balance really comes down to experience though and we're all growing a little bit. Luckily, we're in the age of Stack Overflow and the like, so I often find myself asking the Google/SO if doing A, B, or C is slow to see what pother people have discovered. About 75% of the time, I only confirm that it's not something to worry about.

Make it work. If there is a problem, then make it work better. :)

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 9:18 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> From: Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>>
> To: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> Cc: Pd-List <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file
> 	descriptor error (meaning?)
>
> Em sáb, 9 de fev de 2019 às 09:09, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com <mailto:reduzent at gmail.com>>
> escreveu:
>
>> I don't understand what your concerned about. If you worry about
>> efficiency, I believe it does not matter.
>

> yeah, that was my concern

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>