[PD] get keyboard events without repeats (in 2019)

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 18:01:54 CET 2019

One workaround (that I'm using in practice since long) is to hold back
the keyup message for slightly longer than the repeat time, and only
let it through when keydown didn't come again in the meantime. The
method introduces latency on keyup but not on keydown. See attached
patch, it is slightly too complicated for ASCII illustration.

Katja