[PD] https get in Pd

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Wed May 22 16:22:55 CEST 2019

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:03 AM oliver <oliver at klingt.org> wrote:

> >> WINDOWS: [system] (in the "motex" library)
> >> LINUX & OSX: [shell] (in the "ggee" library)
>

> > Yes, you can, but it is not portable (as it requires different
> > solutions depending on platform) and requires additional filesystem
> > interactions. Using [shell] (or [system] for that matter) has all kinds
> > of side effects, like [shell] searches scripts relative to Pd start
> > location instead of relative to Pd patch. I wouldn't recommend using
> > those
>
> you are right, it's more like a workaround/hack in case nothing else
> works. and it involves some tweaking, that's true.
>
> for the purpose of http-downloading, one would also need a 3rd party
> commandline program like "wget" (at least for windows, as it's not native).

I was looking into making a [httpsget]  external but the whole TLS thing
seems very difficult.
For my purposes on linux I use [shell] with wget to save the data to a
file, then open it with [binfile].
I was wondering if there is some cross-platform library to do the ssh, as
I'm sure implementing it from scratch would take forever and be very
error-prone. Not to mention doing it using vanilla objects....

Martin