[PD] readanysf~ on osx 10.14

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:02:19 CEST 2019

(Apologies, I was thinking you were on Windows, but it's the same issue.)

It's most likely an oversight from the libgavl developers who mainly target Linux. One approach would be to try an earlier libgavl version and/or check their source code and documentation about compile options that fink might be missing. This can happen when upstream developers change something but the downstream builds (fink) don't know about it yet.

> On Aug 7, 2019, at 12:00 PM, Nick Burge <nburge at virginmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dan, as I’m on OSX. 10.14  I built gavl and gmerlin using fink repository. Yes, I can see that (clock_nanosleep) is not built into osx so my version of gavl is asking for something that does not exist. I suppose I could try building gavl from source myself? Strange that the fink repo would build it for a feature that is not part of osx. ??
>

>> On 7 Aug 2019, at 10:11, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> When the compiler, linker, etc print an error message, the first thing I suggest is to read it and try to figure out what it *might* mean, regardless of whether you know all the details or not. :)
>>
>> You were able to build it, great. It looks like Pd was able to find and try loading it, but loading failed, ok.

>> If I can translate, I believe this is saying "hey, I loaded the external but the library it's using (libgavl) refers to a function I don't know about (clock_nanosleep). A quick Google search shows this is probably due to the library trying to use a Linux API function that is not available in the Windows API and not provided by Mingw:
>>
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5618736/c-mingw-ctime-nanosleep-not-found <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5618736/c-mingw-ctime-nanosleep-not-found>
>>
>> Did you build libgavl yourself? If so, you might have missing a compiler define which probably bypasses calling that function on Windows. If not, the the library needs to fixed which is beyond the readanysf~ source files.

>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox
>> @danomatika <http://twitter.com/danomatika>
>> danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>