[PD] is GEM alive?

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 20:21:11 CEST 2019

It's been a while since I used Gem,
but in the past weeks I tried running it a few times without success.
(Pd0.49 as well as the latest and greatest 0.5)
Trying to compile from source I'm stuck at:

In file included from TextBaseFTGL.cpp:24:0:
TextBase.h:39:12: fatal error: FTFont.h: No such file or directory
 #  include "FTFont.h"
compilation terminated.

I couldn't find the information I need to overcome this so far...

I also noticed that [gemwin] has been replaced with an abstraction saying
"meant as a modular replacement for the internal [gemwin]
TODO: quite everything"

Thanks,
Tim