[PD] is GEM alive?

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Fri Aug 16 21:42:54 CEST 2019

Hi Tim,

Which OS are you on?

On 16/08/2019 19:21, tim vets wrote:
> It's been a while since I used Gem,
> but in the past weeks I tried running it a few times without success.
> (Pd0.49 as well as the latest and greatest 0.5)
> Trying to compile from source I'm stuck at:
>
> In file included from TextBaseFTGL.cpp:24:0:
> TextBase.h:39:12: fatal error: FTFont.h: No such file or directory
>  #  include "FTFont.h"
>             ^~~~~~~~~~
> compilation terminated.

Debian package search reports an FTFont.h in libftgl-dev [1]
With this installed `./autogen.sh && ./configure` from [2] outputs:

```
  used optional libraries:

   font-rendering         : FTGL
      default font        :
```

Maybe the configure check is broken when FTGL is not installed?  Try
installing libftgl-dev, and report back if this fixes it or otherwise.

Claude

[1]
https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=FTFont.h&mode=path&suite=stable&arch=any
[2] https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem