[PD] font in 0.50

rolfm at dds.nl rolfm at dds.nl
Sun Sep 8 11:16:32 CEST 2019

hi,

i'm really strugling with this change in size from 0.49.
it feels like a disaster, until now i did not find something like a
(partial) solution.

i hope some people on the list can point me to something workable.
(besides staying with 0.49).

first a few things which could possibly help me:

is it possible to let Pd ignore the font-size saved in the patch and use
another given value?

is it possible to change the standard distance between object boxes used
while autopatching?

is it possible to enlarge the area for the cursor to detect an outlet?

then the obstacles:

when, in Windows 10, i scale the system overall from the recommended
125% to 175% i'm still forced to sit close to my 15" screen to be able
to read my existing patches.

(while i need to find flexible comfortable ways to work with the
computer in relation to RSI phenomena).

the pd-windows are enlarged, but the content of the GOP's and the
underlying patches stay in font-size 10.

the same goes for Pd itself.
the font for the console (font-size 12) can be changed but the change is
not saved.
the menu's stay anyhow in font-size 10.

lots of help-patches are also in 10.
watching the help-patch with the zoom could help, but is a hassle
because one has to move the focus/cursor to the help-window, do Ctrl + ,
and maximize the window.

the font-size variable in the command line only works on new patches, as
does the zoom preference.

what to do?
there's the terrible option to change all my existing
patches/abstractions to a larger font, what would also mean to
reorganize the layout.

of course i'm dreaming of a scalable overall zoom, even a few distinct
levels would do. (which would also benefit the exchange of patches with
other people).
but...

rolf