[PD] 8 channel circle panner, how?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 19:43:35 CEST 2019

Em ter, 10 de set de 2019 às 06:15, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> For true spatialization

what is "true spatialization"?  And why would else/pan4~ not be "truthful"?

> - it sounds to me that is what you're aiming at
> - use Ambisonics[1].

hmm, I don't really know, and here's a silly question. It seems to me
ambisonics tries to locate a sound source in a 3D sphere, but the idea
would actually be to pan the sound source in a 2D circle space. So, can
ambisonics help there or is it overcomplicated for that matter? And how is
it possible with 8 speakers to simulate a 3D sphere?

> There seem to be Pd externals for this.

yeah, I know, just not sure if all the complicated encoding and everything
is indispensable and stuff

cheers