[PD] pd~ and rpi

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Sep 16 12:54:14 CEST 2019

> if you want to use pd~ to for example render a GEM patch you need to
> switch on dsp in the subprocess at least for a moment.

I don't think you need to do this (anymore). Control objects work fine without DSP being turned on in the subprocess, like the documentation says.

@iftah, some more ideas:

* make sure DSP is turned on in the parent process (even if the subprocess doesn't process audio)
* make that the subprocess could really load the patch (verify with the GUI)
* in the subprocess, send a message to [stdout] with [loadbang] and check if you receive it in the parent process
* send a message to the subprocess and check if it is properly received, e.g. by sending it back to [stdout]

Christof