[PD] GOP drawing bug with scalars and z-order - test in [jmmmp/multiarray]

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Sep 20 13:50:10 CEST 2019

> Pd doesn't care about z-ordering at all and the order of drawing is
> mainly defined by "what needs to be done" (rather than: "how will it
> look like").

I don't agree that there is no defined z-ordering in Pd, otherwise you couldn't reliably build GUIs. Just imagine that a background canvas would suddenly display in front of a slider. Generally, objects are drawn in the order of creation, it's just that sometimes things get messed up when scalars are involved. Or to quote João:

> Afaik, GOP redrawing works well with other types of objects, but not with scalars.

So I also think there is a bug with scalar drawing and I've experienced similar situations (but didn't have to patience to narrow it down).

Christof