[PD] GOP drawing bug with scalars and z-order - test in [jmmmp/multiarray]

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 20 18:49:41 CEST 2019

> On Friday, September 20, 2019, 7:52:07 AM EDT, Christof Ressi <christof.ressi at gmx.at> wrote:

 >> Pd doesn't care about z-ordering at all and the order of drawing is
>> mainly defined by "what needs to be done" (rather than: "how will it
>> look like").

> I don't agree that there is no defined z-ordering in Pd, otherwise you couldn't reliably build GUIs.
Scalars in Pd Vanilla don't have a well-defined z-order:
1. Display a scalar square on top of a scalar circle2. Delete the scalar circle3. Undo the delete
Now the scalar circle is displayed on top of the scalar square.
Pure Data ought to retain the z-ordering in this and other circumstances. If it
doesn't please submit a bug and I'll fix it.
Best,Jonathan