[PD] GOP drawing bug with scalars and z-order - test in [jmmmp/multiarray]

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Sep 20 21:02:07 CEST 2019

TBO, I don't see the big difference... What exactly do you mean by that? You're right that the Pd *core* doesn't care about z-order, but drawing commands are sent while traversing the glist, which implies a certain order. The GUI is theoretically not required to draw things in the same order, but it happens to do so and IMO it is the only reasonable behavior with the current implementation (gobjects don't have an explicit z-value).

The point made by Joao is that for regular GUI objects the z-order is stable while for scalars it is not. I would consider this a bug.

Christof