[PD] stability of PD on Windows?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 27 19:38:22 CEST 2019

3) set Delay(msec): 6ms

Here use 12ms.

I have just tested it with 2 soundcards. (I remember a couple of years ago 6ms was Ok, but now is 12ms).

On 9/27/2019 12:55 PM, Martin Peach wrote:
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 7:43 AM Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com<mailto:lucarda27 at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Scott,

Are you using ASIO drivers?

If not you can try this setting which normally works on most soundcards:

1) Switch off DSP.

2) go to menu: media/ASIO(via port audio)

3) set Delay(msec): 6ms

4) set Block size : 256

5) On the i/o devices pull-down menu select your "ASIO:<soundcard name>"

For me the audio is distorted unless I also tick "Use Callbacks". On Pd 0.50 this works very well until I try to quit Pd or close a window. I am able to stop the audio but all the windows stay open. I need to use Task Manager to kill the process.

Martin