[PD] Mr. Peach missing packOSC/unpackOSC?

Joey Dodson joey.dodson3 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 06:44:33 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on getting started with OSC and I'm referencing this page:

http://write.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/osc/

which suggests using [packOSC] and [unpackOSC], which I believe are
supposed to be in Mr. Peach. The only problem is that I have Mr. Peach
installed and I don't seem to be able to create those objects. I have tried
declaring them [mrpeach/packOSC] and [mrpeach/net/packOSC], not to mention
with lowercase letters as well. [import mrpeach] also doesn't create.
However, I can use some other objects just fine, like
[mrpeach/net/udpreceive].

I am currently using Pd 0.48.1 and, according to Synaptic, I have
pd-mrpeach & pd-mrpeach-net 0.1 installed. Am I missing something? Those
are the only ones that show up in Synaptic. I also noticed that the Pd site
doesn't list any versions for it:

https://puredata.info/downloads/mrpeach

Any hints would be appreciated!

Cheers,