[PD] Raspberry Pi: Loading Samples RAM problem

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Fri Nov 1 17:30:07 CET 2019

There's already a WIP about a threaded soundfiler:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/655

with a complement, dispensing to rebuild the whole DSP tree after loading a
soundfile:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/667

The latter has some impact on CPU load: it significantly lightens normal
[tabread]/[tabwrite] usage (no more need to reacquire the array each time),
but adds a bit of load for setting it to another table. It also adds a bit
of load for DSP-table objects at each DPS-block beginning (to check the
table pointer is still valid). I had started to gprof the change, but I
didn't go through with it...

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __
http://www.metaluachahuter.com/