[PD] else download not found with deken

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 01:30:32 CET 2019

Em sáb., 23 de nov. de 2019 às 07:04, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>
escreveu:

> you could delete them not directly after uploading a new version but
> a day later.

Yeah, I could, I'm just lazy and do it all once, I also announce the
release with the github link (and ask to wait till it's up in deken). I
didn't do it this time cause it was a quite modest update I put out just
cause I gave a talk today about ELSE at PIKSEL.

maybe it's worth it to keep them for historical reasons.

For what it is worth, I keep a historic record of all beta releases on the
repository: https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases - what I like about
it is that all changes are pretty detailed over there.

Em sáb., 23 de nov. de 2019 às 09:34, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> not only.
> according to alex, "else" is still under heavy development and can (and
> does) break functionality/api between releases.

Yeah, there's at least one breakage at every release. I can be convinced I
should start keeping them on deken, but if you look back long enough, in
the last 2 years there's been 25 beta releases (about one update a month)
and beta25 has *226 new objects* over beta1 - average of 9-10 objects per
release. So yeah, I'd say it's been a pretty heavy development indeed and I
wouldn't know why would be worth to have versions that are 10 releases old
with 100 or so less objects and countless fixes/improvements. And that many
releases up in deken seems just like polution to me, at least whilst in
this hectic development phase.

so if i have developed a patch on my windows desktop that depends on
> else-1.0beta60 and then want to deploy it to my raspberry pi for that
> exhibition on tate modern, and alex decided to release a new (or two)
> incompatible versions while i developed my patch, i will be left with no
> (easy) way to install

I had the idea getting the compiled packages from github was fairly easy,
not sure if you're saying it's too much of a hassle. Again, I can be
convinced to start keeping a couple of old versions around. In fact, I
think I might be actually/finally getting to a more stable phase with this.
My pace surely slowed down a bit this last semester.

Cheers