[PD] externals naming conventions

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Jan 24 18:48:49 CET 2020

Hi,

check out sys_dllextent() in s_loader.c. Here's a summary:

OS prefixes:
Linux/FreeBSD: ".l_"
macOS: ".d_"
OpenBSD: ".o_"
Windows: ".m_"

CPU architecture suffixes:
x86_64 (Intel 64-bit): "amd64"
i386 (Intel 32-bit): "i386"
ARM: "arm"
ARM 64-bit: "arm64"
PowerPC: "ppc"

Then you just combine the two, e.g. ".m_amd64" for 64-bit (Intel) binaries on Windows or ".l_i386" for 32-bit (Intel) binaries on Linux

Finally there are the generic, architecture independent extensions:

Linux/FreeBSD: ".pd_linux", ".so"
macOS: ".pd_darwin", ".d_fat", ".so"
OpenBSD: ".pd_openbsd", ".so"
Windows: ".dll"