[PD] font issues/questions, and also discrepancies between operating systems

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 17:24:05 CET 2020

Em dom., 26 de jan. de 2020 às 10:59, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Perhaps this can be taken care just by mentioning
> in the documentation somewhere (if you don't have times/helvetica
> installed, similar fonts are loaded).
>

> It could be added to the existing font/README.txt:
> https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/font/README.txt

yup, seems like a good place to do this.

By the way, it says I can get other fonts by using quotes, such as in  pd
-font-face "Zapf Dingbats"

but using quotes doesn't work for me when trying to load a font like "Times
New Roman", it'll only understand "Times" and ignore the rest. Moreover, it
screws up when trying to open Starup again, as it can't really.