[PD] Delay circuit feedback DSP error-- only when signal path leaves abstraction

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Feb 25 10:34:46 CET 2020

Hi William,

I second IOhannes and Alex that it's better to attach actual patches,
but from looking at the picture it seems like you attempt to do your
"external" feedback path via signal connections and this obviously
doesn't work because it creates a DSP loop. The workaround is to use a
pair of [s~]/[r~] for one side of the aux path, which "breaks" the DSP
graph. Note that in your "inner" feedback path you're already doing
this, that's why you don't get a DSP loop there.

Note that [s~]/[r~] is basically a delay line of a single block, unless
you force the order with signal connections, see
"3.audio.examples/G05.execution.order"

Christof