[PD] Delay circuit feedback DSP error-- only when signal path leaves abstraction

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:36:20 CET 2020

First abstraction, simple stereo delay:  2 delay lines, variable feedback
L->R, R->L.
 This *works*, no DSP loop error.

Second abstraction contains an effect in the feedback path. (in my simple
example, it's just a null wire: In-L passes to Out-L, etc). Again this
*works*, no DSP error.

Third patch is like the second, only the effect has been moved out of the
abstraction, and into the parent patch. ONLY HERE do I get the DSP loop
error.

*The point is the last two patches have (or should have) an identical
graph! *

It really seems like a bug to me.

I'll upload a test patch a little later.

Thanks,
BH