[PD] AoO Coming Out: Audio over OSC - Message based

Manuel Haible lacuna_ at gmx.net
Sat Apr 18 21:41:38 CEST 2020

>We currently have an installation running for 6
>weeks non-stop.
This is Linux only, isn't it?

>I think this is just a spurious error message coming from the fact that
>on Windows, UDP packets can arrive out of order *even on localhost* if
>they are sent in fast succession. Packet reordering is actually handled
>in the library, so this is not a problem. Unless you *hear* the dropped
>packet

I do hear the dropped packets.
The block_reordered report doesn't occur neither.

Tried with windows defender firewall turned off, - still the same.

To be more precise: Not one stream only, it is the stereo example i.e. one stream with two channels.

After further testing I found:
The described happens with PD's block-size @ 64 latency 80ms and 160ms the same.
When increasing the block size to 128 samples, drop-outs occur much more frequent, even with 160 ms latency.
Everything @ 44100 and changed in PD's audio-preferences, not re[block~]ing.
All those drop-outs are related to the network stream on localhost, not to the audio, even though I do hear the stream's lost packages.

> Win64: https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/jobs/11497/artifacts/download[https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/jobs/11497/artifacts/download]

Guess, I have to compile it?

> If you still have problems, please create an issue on
https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/issues[https://git.iem.at/cm/aoo/-/issues].

Will do, as soon I have tested the latest version.