[PD] Ofelia on Ubuntu 19.10

Jim Ruxton jim.ruxton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:00:47 CEST 2020

I am trying to install ofelia on Ubuntu 19.10 and PD 0.50.0 and having
issues. If I try to installĀ  the latest version v3.1.0 on Deken I get a
conflict because 19.10 doesn't have |libGLEW.so.2.0 |available. I then
tried to follow instructions for compiling the external myself from
https://github.com/cuinjune/Ofelia/issues/8#issuecomment-463173798 using
OF 0.10.0 . I was successful compiling it and get this in the console
after replacing the binary in the /externals/ofelia folder with the
newly compiled one:

ofelia v2.0 : compiled on Apr 30 2020
(c) 2018 Zack Lee <cuinjune at gmail.com>

but none of the objects worked ie. dashed lines around all of them when
testing examples and lots of "couldn't create" in the console. Also the
"ofelia function" object didn't work. I also tried using this binary
with v2.3.1 in Deken but that also didn't work. I have ran theĀ
"install_dependencies.sh" script successfully. Can someone who has
ofelia working on Ubuntu 19.10 help me figure out what I need to do to
get this working. I have used older versions of the external in the past
and really like it but would like to move to the newest version if
possible. I am probably missing something simple but not sure what.

Thanks,

Jim