[PD] VU / Peak Meter ? - external or abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:58:59 CEST 2020

Em ter., 21 de abr. de 2020 às 05:33, Peter P. <peterparker at fastmail.com>
escreveu:

> Have a look at the internal object [slope~] help patch. There is a
> subpatch for peak-meter there.

I now realize it's using the RMS display in [vu] instead of peak for that,
but it does look better.

I'm actually working on an update of iemgui's documentation, and it'd be
good if the help file of [vu] had such an example as well.

Now, the thing is that the peak level will have a visual decay, but not the
RMS, and I don't know how to easily deal with that.

That is to say I've always missed a more proper object in Pd vanilla to
offer rms and peak level feed for [vu].

In the ELSE library I developed a variant of [env~] to report peak
detection and I have a meter~ abstraction where I do a decay for both the
RMS and Peak levels

cheers