[PD] Trailing zeros after decimal points in comments truncated?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sat May 9 16:58:34 CEST 2020

This is well known.

What is happening is that the space-separated words are evaluated by Pd's parser and anything that is a number, whether in a comment or object is evaluated as a number, so the trailing 0 is dropped as 0.50 == 0.5.

There is no other workaround other than forcing the number into a string such as "v0.50" etc.

What is required is selective evaluation within the parser, ie. don't parse numbers for things like a "comment" when reading files.

> On May 9, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 17:04:40 +0200
> From: "Peter P." <peterparker at fastmail.com <mailto:peterparker at fastmail.com>>
> To: pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-list at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD] Trailing zeros after decimal points in comments
> 	truncated?
>
> Hi,
>
> and please excuse me if this is known, but I have discovered that
> writing a comment such as
> 	works with Pd 0.50
> into a patch, saving, closing and reopening it will truncate the
> trailing zero hence yielding
> 	works with Pd 0.5
> I understand that the underlying logic might be the same as for other
> mechanisms, but is there a possible fix or workaround?
>
> cheers, P

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>